As well as our own holiday/convalescent homes, you can also stay at NZ Army Leave Centres
We have a reciprocal agreement with NZ Army Leave Centres. NZ Firefighter Welfare Society members can book these homes up to three months in advance.
North Island locations
- Mount Maunganui
- Acacia Bay (Taupo)
South Island locations
- Hanmer Springs
|Cost per night
|Bookings can be made 3 months in advance
Options for between 6-9 people
The Army Leave Centre owns units at eight locations around New Zealand. Most of the homes can sleep six people, with the exception of Mount Maunganui, Rotorua and Napier, where all units can sleep seven people, and at Wanaka we have one unit that can sleep nine people. At our Taupo (Acacia Bay) location we have two units that can sleep seven people. Our latest addition to our Leave Centre portfolio is three apartments in central Wellington and each apartment can sleep a total of six.
Units are fully self contained and have:
- TV and DVD player
- Microwave, oven and sandwich maker
- Electric heating and vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board
- Portacot and highchair is available in each unit
- Gas BBQs are available at some locations – users are required to make a small cash donation to cover the cost of filling of gas bottles
- Cleaning products are provided in the unit now for your convenience. A small donation is required to cover replacement costs.
What to take with you
- Toilet rolls and toiletries (hair dryer if required)
- Food (including tea, coffee, sugar, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Bed sheets
- Bath towels, hand towels, tea towels
- Cleaning products – if you do not wish to use those in the unit.