for all people at Fire and Emergency
Get Your 2023 Flu Vaccination Now
Around one in four New Zealanders are infected with the flu each year. While it’s optional, getting the flu vaccination means you can better protect yourself, colleagues and loved ones from getting sick with the flu.
Getting the flu vaccination will reduce your chances of getting sick, and help reduce the pressure on our health system.
The COVID-19 vaccine does not protect against the flu, so it is important to get both your COVID-19 and flu vaccine to be better protected. If you are due for your COVID-19 booster at the same time as the flu vaccine, there is no wait time required between receiving your COVID-19 booster and the flu vaccine.
Go to the fightflu website to learn more about influenza and the vaccination.
How to Get it Free
As always, volunteers are able to access their flu vaccination in three ways:
- Text us – Free text FLU to 8783 and receive a text message to show at one of the listed sites when you go to get your vaccination.
- Go online – Go to https://demo.vitalityhub.co.nz/fenz and get a voucher emailed to you. You can print this or show it on your phone at one of the listed sites when you go to get your vaccination.
- Get reimbursed – Pay to get your vaccination done anywhere. Keep your receipt and go to https://demo.vitalityhub.co.nz/fenz-reimbursed to fill out a reimbursement form and get your money back.
For further information on our how employees, volunteers and contractors can access their free flu vaccination, please visit the Fire and Emergency Portal page.
If there’s no vaccination site listed near you:
- You can be reimbursed for flu vaccinations done anywhere.
- Keep your receipt and go to the Vitality Hub(external link) website to fill out a reimbursement form and get your money back.
- Text NEW to 8783 or email email@example.com with the name and/or location of the pharmacy or medical centre you want added. We’ll then contact you to discuss.
Make sure to call your participating pharmacy or medical centre ahead of your visit to check if an appointment is needed, and if they have vaccinations in stock.